Saturday 13 November 2010

question 1

1. Why do you make art?

Before answering this question, we need to answer another question first, what is art? Actually, I would not like to answer this question; however, I want to define it. Art is the weapon to break the wall of traditional and existing concepts and thought. Art can be new born anytime as it can be the old traditions. Many artists applied their art to explore the unprecedented world no matter how crazy world they created. Medieval European artists described the unbelievable far east and Chinese artists imagined the minorities living in the wonderland. Cubists transform our familiar figures and street views to strange compositions. John Cage told us the music maybe impossible to be heard.

My idea is not easily understood or easily misunderstood. I wanted to make the invisible Wi-Fi networks visible as the street views. This is simple idea but it is a complicated work. If anyone says this project is easy and short duration, I think I maybe successful to create artwork beyond thy can imagine. If anyone thinks this is complicated, I must say thanks to them because they spent time to understand what I did.



What am I doing?

I am doing something special but most think it is ordinary. Why i make art because art makes me have the power to challenge the common sense in my way.

No comments: